Thursday, May 3, 2012

Double BBQ Chicken


This is a ridiculously easy but unbelievably great dish!

I was very happy to have been sent a generous box of goodies to play with, a lovely marketing gift from the Bender Hammerling Group which handles public relations and marketing for several food producers.  This assortment included several bags of Hawaiian Kettle Style Potato Chips.

The Luau BBQ chips just naturally lent themselves - to my mind, anyway - to a chicken dish.  I have a new-to-me grill that I don't know how to use yet; so it seemed to me that I could still get great barbecue flavor if I used some sauce and the crispy, crunchy treats.

So here is just about the easiest recipe I'll ever offer, involving only 3 ingredients!  Schmear some sauce onto chicken, then roll it in crushed potato chips.  Kid-friendly ... aw, who am I kidding?  It was a huge hit with all the adults, too - one of them told me, "This is the best chicken ever!"  Great for a picnic, perfect for a weeknight dinner, ideal any time ....




Double BBQ Chicken

1 cup honey barbecue sauce
6 ounces Hawaiian Kettle Style Potato Chips, Luau BBQ flavor
6 chicken thighs

Preheat oven to 400F.

Place the barbecue sauce into a medium bowl.  Crush the potato chips into crumbs and place into a medium bowl.

One by one, take each piece of chicken and dip it into the barbecue sauce to coat well; dip into the potato chip crumbs to coat thoroughly, then place the chicken into a baking dish.  Bake for 40 minutes until the chicken is crisp and the juices run clear.  Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.

Serves 4-6.

This would be great served with Cabbage and Fennel Slaw!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you say something about chicken for breakfast?? :)
What a fantastic idea! I know the chips gave the chicken a nice little crunch along with some extra flavor. LOVE this!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

What? Chicken that delicious looking is this simple? Oh Mary, I'm loving this one!! Crunchy chips, BBQ flavor, oh yeah this is a winner for sure! Enjoy your new to you grill :)

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

This looks delicious!

Cranberry Morning said...

I bet it is good with fennel slaw! And I only wish I'd taken those chicken drums out of the freezer last night. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. And the grandkids are coming. This will be perfect!♥ Thanks.

Carla from The River said...

This will be so much fun. Yummy!

Mary Sullivan Frasier said...

Oooh Mary! You brilliant woman, you! That chip-y crust looks like it melts into salty-sweet barbecue goodness, the second it hits your tongue. It's 3:00 am and I can't get back to sleep and now my tummy is grumbling. If I didn't think I'd wake the hubbs up, I'd be in the kitchen smashing a bag of chips into luscious bits to make this amazing chicken. I only have boneless, skinless chicken breasts on hand, but I'll make it work! LOL Maybe for lunch?

Uh-huh... This is just brilliant! (but of course, that's no surprise to me, coming from you, my dear) XOXOXO

Candace said...

I bet this is was fantastic! I seem to remember a recipe from LONG LONG ago that called for chicken rolled in butter and then in crushed plain potato chips. It was simple...delicious....but not so great for you. This looks simple...even more delicious...and not bad for you at all. I'm going to give this one a try!

Chris said...

Hells bells, I like it! I like it a lot!


Ghosts of Postings Past and Present

Looking for Something ...?