Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bowtie Pasta with Olives


Pasta is one of the great foods in the universe, because it can be served in so many, many ways.  Some dishes are very complicated, but others are blissfully simple.

I had bought some olives to serve with salami and cheese as an antipasto, and thought they might be a nice addition to an easy dinner one evening.  The mixed olives - Kalamatas as well as herb-marinated green ones - offered both flavor and color.  A little garlic, a pinch of red pepper flakes for zest, and the meal was served.

How perfect for a delicious dinner on a gorgeous summer evening!


Bowtie Pasta with Olives

1 12-ounce box bowtie pasta
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 large garlic clove, minced
generous pinch of red pepper flakes
6 ounces mixed pitted olives, chopped
parmesan, for serving

Prepare pasta according to directions.

In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.  Add garlic and red pepper flakes; cook for 1 minute.  Add olives, and cook for 2 minutes.

Drain pasta and toss with olives and oil.  Sprinkle with parmesan (or leave the cheese off to make it vegan).

Serves 4.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is definitely my kind of pasta dish. Simple and delicious! I love the flavor that olives bring to the table.. I bet this was outstanding!

Debra Hawkins said...

This looks beautiful and delicious!

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

I agree, pasta is one of my favorite and fastest go to ingredients for a quick and yummy dish....this one my friend, looks delicious :)

Judee @ Gluten Free A-Z said...

The Mediterranean girl in me can't think of any combination of flavors that I like better than olives, pasta, and Parmesan. Yum ..

Chris said...

Yum! Great pasta dish, I like it. I need to try some lighter ones like this, I've made two heavy cream pastas this week. Delicious but instantly fattening.

Candace said...

This is my favorite kind of pasta, Mary. Simple ingredients bring the greatest flavor, I think. I love it!


Ghosts of Postings Past and Present

Looking for Something ...?